The kids are always surprising me. We have a book from the library about a dress up box. It basically shows kids dressed up as all different people. After breakfast yesterday I was doing dishes and all I hear from the other room is "What do you want to learn about?" They were taking turns looking up different things in the book and telling each other what a Fairy wears, what a firefighter wears, what a doctor wears etc....
After getting over the shock that they were actually taking turns and sharing nicely together I thought about what they were saying. Instead of an adults question of "What do you want to be when you grow up?" It was just about what they wanted to learn about. It made me think, What do I want to learn about today? I usually have a goal for learning about something. But have somehow lost the simple joy of learning something new just for fun.
So now I have to think, What do I want to learn about today?
No comments:
Post a Comment