The paint is very bold, but surprisingly grows on you. THANKS DOOF! It only has one coat, but since I can't paint till the weekend, (Daddy needs to watch the kids) I decided to start the curtains. However, now I have a challenge. When I bought the curtain fabric, I was planning on making standard curtains that split in the middle and mounting them wide so that I could open them fully to get as much light in the room as possible. However, since then we have put the kids beds into bunk beds and now that won't work. See the 2 windows and the bed RIGHT NEXT to it. This is one window:
This is the other:
So now what do I do with the curtains? This is my fabric.
I am debating doing a Roman Shade, but it may not be a good choice for a unique fabric. What do you think my options are?
This is also the quilt on Buddy's Bed and this quilt will hang on the one blank wall, along with some other stuff. THANKS MOM for all the quilts!
3 comments:
We have a similar issue with bunk beds/windows/curtains. I made some basic tab top curtains, hung them, and then placed a hold back on one side of the window - the side that does not interfere with the bed. It works great and (in my opinion) does not look strange when the curtains are pulled back. We really like it because we can pull the curtains closed at night - very dark in the room then, and then open them in the morning to let in the light. Hope that helps.
Love the color!! I also think a tab curtain would look nice.
Hi Rachael!
In my childhood bedroom, my mom sewed (well, hemmed) one or two strips of the fabric, and made them into long ribbonlike ties... So we just bunched the curtain up and tied it with a bow, which let the light in. It was really easy to clean, too...she just threw it in the washer when they got dusty.
Hope this helps!
Love,
Lacey
PS: This is Lacey C. I'm still living in DC. Hope to see you guys at some point! Remember my best friend Heidi, who stayed with us in Monterey waaaay back in March 2006? She will be moving out to DC in November!
lacey_chong@hotmail.com
Post a Comment