Friday, October 19, 2012

Quilt # 8 - Birdhouse

I finally finished another paper pieced mini-quilt.  It turned out great.
 My favorite part was this little bee, I was skeptical of how the whole thing would turn out, but once I finished with the embroidery, I love it.  I didn't take a picture of it, but I finally perfected the French Knot for the birds eye.  It made my day to do it right the 1st time. 
I hand quilted it around the outline of the birdhouse and quilted  along the double border.
 
 This little helper has been attached to me lately. I was taking pictures with him in my arms.  If he is not trying to climb on me then I need to find him because he is getting into trouble. This week it was finding the toilet brush and getting himself soaked "cleaning" the toilet.  And he likes the taste of kids toothpaste.  Munchkin let me know he was "drinking" it one day. 
It is good he is so cute.

No comments: