Princess was very excited to have friends sleep over for her Birthday. You can do that when you are 9. I decided to make purses for the girls to have as favors . They are copied off of a purse my mom made for Princess when she was 3 or 4. The strap is too short, but she still loves it.
I am posting lots of pictures and directions only so I know how to make them again if I ever make more. I don't have a pattern for them.
2 squares, 15" square is a good size. 18" worked OK, but a little big for girls. Sew around leaving a hole to turn it.
Fuse heavyweight interfacing (for twill fabrics) or lightweight fusible fleece (for thin cotton fabric) to one side.
Clip corners, turn and topstitch around the whole thing. (closes the hole) I use a chopstick to get the corners square.
Fold into a triangle with the outside facing in. Draw lines at the 1/3rd and 2/3rd mark. Sew but stop 1" from the edge on the top.
Fold over and turn in the outside corners.
Hand stitch the top edge down and then fold down the top flap.
Add velcro to keep flaps closed.
Use a ribbon or a self faces strap, and zig-zag on the sides to secure.
Admire all of the purses in a row.
The girls loved them and I like the fruit ones the best. They each have 3 pockets, one with vecro on each side and then middle one is just a flat open pocket. The striped ones are lined with pink, and have grosgrain ribbon straps. The flowered one is a little big and not as nice. It is still here because the girls didn't like it. I don't really like it either, but I will give it away to someone. I am sure I can find a little girl who likes it.
The ones with fusible fleece are actually quite padded and would work great as a little camera bag, a snap could be added to the middle pocket to keep it closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment