I am spending some time exploring with Scout on the days when the kids are in school and I found a small shopping area called the Capital Mall. They sold some of the handcrafted goods of Bahrain. The prices were high, so I didn't buy much, but it was beautiful to see all of the goods that are still hand made by a small group of people.
This is a miniture house, there were a few of them, made in all different sizes and they were amazingly intricate.
This was a handcrafted saddle, I have no idea when someone would use it, but it was very beautiful.
They had a bunch of these, they were handmade baskets that were then hand painted. They sat on a cake stand and are used to keep the flies off of your food.
The traditional boat of Bahrain is the Dhow, this is a model of one. They are very detailed and beautiful, ranging in price from $45 to several hundred.
This was a selection of the hand made baskets available. They were very unique, but I was afraid they would not be very sturdy.
I am waiting to move into our house, and get a little more settled before I invest is some local art.b
No comments:
Post a Comment