Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Bahrain National Museum

We took an afternoon and took the kids to the Bahrain National Museum, it was actually really cool, and we will have to go back sometime soon.

This is the sculpture garden outside the entrance.

 There was a traveling exhibit of the costumes made for movies.  The kids had the camera, so there is a mix of pictures.
 There was an exhibit on Storytelling and it had a great kids area on the 2nd floor.  Part of it was these awesome bean bags to sit on during story telling time.  They were huge, and I would love one for the house.  I found them for about $250 and that was a little too much for a bean bag, but I loved them.


I also found my first quilt on display in Bahrain.
 I was hoping for a local quilt, but no, it was made in the US.
 It was beautiful though, and had lots of great details.
 They did have dress up clothes for story telling.

 They had exhibits about the traditions of the Bahraini people and how their lives were lived.
 Or course there was a great little coffee shop in the museum.  This is to also prove that Daddy was with us on this excursion. It was good he was with us.  As this picture was being taken a little 4 year old locked himself in a bathroom that no one could crawl into to get him.  After dealing with 2 security guards and several non-helpful bystanders, he was able to unlock the door himself.  As we walk out of the bathroom, we found that the other children has spilled Daddy's coffee all over the floor of the fancy coffee shop.  We left as soon as we could.

No comments: