Monday, June 10, 2013

Teacher gift bags

The school sent around a notice saying that the room moms were collecting money for the end of the year present.  (after they sent around asking for money for the end of the year teacher lunch, the end of the year party, etc.....)  When you add all this up for 3 classrooms and 4 teachers it gets expensive.  I decided I would make something.  I sew, not a problem. 
So I found these bags.

Cute right! 

I could make those.  Little did I realize how much time it would take to piece  4 of these bags.  But I persevered and I succeeded.  I was sewing on tags late in the night before the last day of school.
 





 
I actually love the finish product, expecially when full of books.  The handles are nice and long and go over your shoulder very well.  They are lined with a heavy twill so that they will withstand the weight of lots of books.  Maybe I will make one for myself,  probably not, they were a lot of work.

 
The feedback from the teachers was that they loved them.  So even though it was a lot of work, they were worth it.

No comments: