Sunday, September 25, 2011

Munchkin's cape

The kids teachers always need things for their classrooms.  Buddy's teacher asked for dress up and doll items.  I figured I could work on that.  I made some little feece and velcro diapers for the baby dolls and then I made a cape with some knit fabric.  Of course I had to make 2 of them, just so Munchkin could have her very own. She requested a hood too.
This is pretty simple, it is just a rectangle of knit fabric, (originally intended for a maternity shirt I never made) I serged all the edges, and then I cut arm holes and serged those.  Then I added a hood on the top (serged all around)  I kind of like the arm holes, then they can wear it outside climbing and playing without me worrying about anything around their necks that can snag on stuff.

It actually looks better than the pictures show, I did not have a very cooperative model.

No comments: