Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mail man set

I found a great idea of a cool toy to make... Check it out, Mail for kids  I made my own, but had a little bit of variation.  My envelopes are felt, but the letters are cotton fused onto Peltex and serged around the edges.  I also made a mailman's bag to go with it.  Actually I made 2 sets, 1 set went to my neices, and 1 set will be given away as a 2nd Birthday present this weekend. I made a bunch of envelopes in all colors, and they have velcro in 3 spots on the front.  The address labels are cotton on felt, so that you can write names with a marker, and you can change the addressee and return address.
 Inside is a letter with rick-rack for writing.  I assume that with normal use some child will add their own writing with markers, and that is cool too, then the rick-rack is just lines for writing.  The backs of the letters are plain white for drawing a picture if desired.
 I also made some postcards
 Then of course you need a mail bag to put all the mail into.
 And since it is for a little girl, it needs to be reversable and have a cool pink stripe for a purse.
 I hope they like them.  I found a pattern for making a mailbox, so that may be my next project.  I may also have to make some more for some boys.

No comments: