Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sewing supplies

I posted about my button box, but then I started looking through some of my sewing supplies.  I never noticed them much before.  My first sewing machine was avocado green and was inherited from the elderly woman who lived across the street from my family.  I had just finished college and thought I might use it.  I used it a lot and I made my first few sets of curtains with it.  It was a great machine.  With it came a bunch of the woman's sewing supplies and some old church bulletins with needles stuck in them.  I think these came with it.  They are English silver plated needles.  Originally sold for 10 cents.  I have no idea how old they really are, but I think the packaging is great and I still use them. They work great.
This is another set of needles that have great packaging... you can't buy needles in a little paper wrapper like this anymore.
That old sewing machine was given to someone else when my mom gave me her old one, but there are days when I miss it.  It could sew through anything.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What's that expression? Oh, yeah: "They don't make them like they used to!"