Saturday, May 15, 2010

Button Box

I have a button box.  It is the place where all the spare buttons go, the extra ones left over from a project, and the extra ones attached to a new sweater. They all end up in the button box (which by the way I think I "borrowed" from my mom, Thanks mom!) I have buttons in their that look older than me. Some of them have prices on them of 20 cents for 12 buttons.
This week the kids found my button box.  I was in the middle of something and didn't really want to be interupted by little ones, but I took a deep breath and let them join me in their own creativity. Princess decided she wanted a bracelet with some of these buttons.  So of course I found some ribbon in the scrap box and taught her how to sew on buttons.  (note the strawberry juice on her arm)
She did most of them all by herself.  I was very proud of my big girl.  6 years old and sewing on buttons, she asked today to start using the sewing machine, so maybe that will be next.
. 
Then of course a little boy and a little girl had to have bracelets too.  Buddy tried to sew on his buttons but was not quite coordinated enough. 

Sometimes it is fun to be interupted with their "little projects"  They are so proud of their creations.

No comments: