I picked up an antique sewing machine a while ago for pretty cheap but it is collecting dust and I have no place to put it, so I am hoping to sell it. But I have no idea how much it is worth. so this post is for my Aunt Betsy. How much should I ask for this? It has all the pieces and parts, including the original Singer oil can. The only damage is the wood damage on the top, otherwise it is in perfect condition.
If it runs it would be worth about 100 dollars. That is oiled and running. This is a bad time for these and they sell better in the Fall. It is in good shape and is a Singer 128 shuttle bobbin style. Does it have the shuttle style bobbin in it?
Yes, the shuttle bobbin is in it. I think thats what it is anyway. I bought it for $30, so that would be a decent profit, I saw similar machines on Craigslist for anywhere from $50 to $300. THANKS
I have a sewing machine questions for the expert above. My sister had an old Singer (I think) that was electric, but still the black metal and with a small cabinet. It worked great and she used it for all of her sewing. But she lives in Nashville TN and her home was totally flooded and her sewing machine was ruined. I am wondering if you know of any type of websites or networks where she may be able to eventually find a replacement. It isn't a "necessity" such as clothing and a place to sleep, but as she put it, all of her "things" are gone, but she has also lost all of her "things" that brought her joy. Just wondering if you have any insights. Thanks
Salvation Army stores, eBay, craigslist....try those. If you are handy they can be fixed up. Check on line for websites for a particular model and that may help.
5 comments:
If it runs it would be worth about 100 dollars. That is oiled and running. This is a bad time for these and they sell better in the Fall. It is in good shape and is a Singer 128 shuttle bobbin style. Does it have the shuttle style bobbin in it?
Yes, the shuttle bobbin is in it. I think thats what it is anyway. I bought it for $30, so that would be a decent profit, I saw similar machines on Craigslist for anywhere from $50 to $300. THANKS
That is a beautiful old machine!
I have a sewing machine questions for the expert above. My sister had an old Singer (I think) that was electric, but still the black metal and with a small cabinet. It worked great and she used it for all of her sewing. But she lives in Nashville TN and her home was totally flooded and her sewing machine was ruined. I am wondering if you know of any type of websites or networks where she may be able to eventually find a replacement. It isn't a "necessity" such as clothing and a place to sleep, but as she put it, all of her "things" are gone, but she has also lost all of her "things" that brought her joy. Just wondering if you have any insights. Thanks
Corrie Bakker
Salvation Army stores, eBay, craigslist....try those. If you are handy they can be fixed up. Check on line for websites for a particular model and that may help.
Post a Comment