Some days it is the simple things in life that make me smile. This weekend I got to go grocery shopping by myself without any children. I had time to search my coupons, so I saved more money. I had time to really pick good produce and not just take the apples my son picked. I did not rush in order to get done before the kids got too hungry and cranky. It was wonderful.
My unexpected deal of the day... I had some coupons from Vocalpoint for $1.00 off tuna pouches. The commisary had them for $1.07. I also had formula coupons for $4.00 off ready to feed formula, (which we normally don't buy) but the commisary had them on sale for $5.05. I can't beat formula for $1.05. I can handle keeping a few bottles in the fridge for that price.
Of course reality soon returned. I got home after 2 1/2 hours and my wonderful husband had played with the kids all morning and the breakfast dishes weren't done. But at least I got to go shopping alone. I'll take that trade every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment