I have been lucky in that for the majority of our marriage we have not lived near any tree farms.... Until this year. We went to a tree farm about an hour away and this was not what I would think of as a typical tree farm where they grow trees in straight lines and prune the trees so that they are pretty and full. Well some of them are pretty and full, but most of them are in the brush and hard to find, nevermind to cut and carry out.
After a long time hiking in the brush/woods with Munchkin in the backpack on my back. (much to the dismay of a hunter in a neighboring field) We finally came to the conclusion that if we wanted a full pretty tree we were going to have to get a white pine. (long needles and lots of sticky pine sap) We got our tree and while it is not the perfect tree, it looks good, the whole house smells nice AND it only cost us several hours and $30, which is good because the rest of our typical budget was spent on a great lunch.
We only had to remove 1 birds nest, 2 spiders and a few other miscellaneous bugs. In the end it turned out great, the house smells good, the tree is decorated and I can sit on the computer by the light of the Christmas tree.
1 comment:
Where is this tree farm? I had no idea there were some "nearby." I'm impressed that you are doing this the very traditional way!
Post a Comment