Monday, May 13, 2013

Variety Show hat

Princess performed in a variety show at her school.  She did a great job, but I was given the task of creating a costume.  She was supposed to be a 1930's hobo.  They recommended dirty brown pants with patches, a henley shirt or button down shirt and newsboy hats. 

I found this pattern online and I had a wool sport coat i bought at an estate sale with a few holes.  I was able to put it together and get this.

A cool hat.

I actually made 3 hats, one for her, one for a friend and one for me.  They all turned out pretty cool.
 
This is the vest with her sister modeling it for me.  Notice the pocket I was able to salvage from the original coat.
 The back
 Fully lined and with buttons recycled from the original coat.

 This is during the performance.  You can see her with the other kids.  She did a great job and I think sh has the coolest costume.
 
Finally this is the hat I made for myself.  I actually love it and wear it more often than I thought.

No comments: