Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Twin Dog quilt

I am attempting to make my first large quilt.  I found a pattern I loved for Scout's bedroom.  His first word was dog and he is fascinated by dogs.
Here is the pattern, it can be made with sashing or without.  I haven't decided if I like it with or without yet.  I am leaning toward sashing.

I have a wonderful mother who let me raid her fabric stash and take as many blues, browns, wool felt and any other fabric I wanted.  That saved me a LOT of money.  I wanted a big variety of dogs. Here is my starter collection of fabric.  That is a lot of blues and browns.
This is the first 7 dogs, I have a lot more done now, but I haven't made time to take more pictures.  It was also a huge help when Grandma came and visit and made about a 9 more.  I think I have 21 so far and I need 30 to make the twin size quilt. 
 
 I think this white one is my favorite.

Though this one with the patch under one eye is pretty cool too.
 
Maybe it will be finished in a year, but I don't know.  I get frustrated and work on other projects and leave this one alone for a while. 
 
Hopefully someday soon this one will have a new quilt to sleep under.
 

No comments: