Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show 2013

I actually took a weekend AWAY from my children and went by myself to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show. It was wonderful to wander around the show and look at all the vendors without anyone else. I even took an all day hand quilting class.

These are some of my favorite quilts from the show. 

One of the challenge quilts was to make a quilt based on page 57 of any magazine.  This one had a beer ad, it just made me smile.
 There was a heart theme challenge and this was my favorite from that bunch.
 THis is individual paper pieced quilts appliqued onto a white background, the overall quilt was interesting, but I loved the detail on the paper pieced sections.

 This big quilt was beautiful and was hand quilted... all those little baskets.


 Finally this is my quilt... My class was on had quilting and this is the project quilt, it took me a few weeks to finish, and I like the quilting work, but I don't actually like the pattern.  (in a class there is not much choice.)  Now I don't know what to do with it.  I don't like it on my walls because it needs a dark wall and all the walls in this house are light colored.  For now it will be put away. 
Detail from the center flower.
Oh yeah, I finally made some labels for my quilts and other stuff, not perfect, but it works.
 

No comments: