Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Decorating Oops

I attempt to work on a project most days during Scout's naptime.  Somedays this doesn't happen due to cooking/cleaning/laudry/sick kids/errands/bill paying/Olympics/facebook/email.  You know all the other stuff that fills my day.

Today I decided to tackle the master bedroom curtains.  Since we have lived almost a month without any type of window covering I was getting desperate.  I sorted through the fabric and old curtains and decided for now to use a window treatment we used 2 houses ago.  Basically sheer curtains with a type of fake valance on the top.   I completed the 3 windows in the bedroom and they look OK, not great, but at least now there is not a free peep show for the neighbors.

   So then I had one more slightly different color set of sheers.  These were left over from some previous house.  They were going into the closet, so didn't really need to match exactly. I was just hoping for some privacy in there.  I hung the curtain rod and then hung the curtains.  I stood back and started to laugh.


Did you see it?  How about a closer look.
They are just about a foot short... so now I need to find another solution to the closet peep show.  Maybe for now I will leave the short ones up.  At least they aren't laying on the floor of my sewing room anymore.

No comments: