Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Baby blocks
I had a birthday party to go to for a set of twins 1st Birthday, knowing I did not want to go to the store with 3 kids, I decided to see what I could make. I found this fabric and figured to try some blocks.
I cut apart the fabric, sewed and stuffed them, but they were looking a little round.
So I modified them with some upholstery thread, basically pulled in the middle to make them a little more defined as squares.
I think they turned out cute and if you throw them at someone's head they don't hurt. Always a bonus with small kids. I also found a jingle bell in my stash and added it in the middle of one. So one of the blocks makes noise. Not a perfect present, but decent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These are great! Way better than just "decent!"
I've made a similar project before using a bright fleece print, and sewing a loop of ribbon into each corner, "taggie" style. I will definitely be adding the stitching through the middle to get a more structured shape next time, that's a great idea.
Post a Comment