Saturday, April 17, 2010

Flowers

I love having flowers in my house, and my husband is pretty good about giving them to me pretty regularly.  However, I am not usually happy with just throwing them in a vase, they never look quite right.  I am hoping to improve on that.  We had a wonderful woman, who came to our MOPS meeting and taught us how to preserve our flowers better, how to pick fresh flowers and how to arrange them artistically, so they look better.  I already gave away one of the arrangements I made, but it was great to try out a few different things and learn by doing.
It was wonderful, and now I am hoping that the next time I get flowers, I can make them look fantastic.  These are the flowers that she bought at the grocery store and arranged for us with the additions of some greenery.  Don't they look great. 
Then I tried with a smaller arrangement, they look pretty good, but I am hoping to improve on them.
Then these were just some leftover greens that I liked, and I thought looked cool all by themselved in a bud vase.  They also make a cool shadow on the wall when the sun shines. 

No comments: