Usually when the 2 big kids are in school, Munchkin and I run errands and get stuff done around the house. It isn't much fun for her, but I want to take advantage of the time with only one kid. This week I had a bunch of errands to do but I had some time after they were done. I took Munchkin to the park and let her play. She had a blast and loved being the center of attention. I wished I had my camera because she had a smile on her face from the time we got out of the van until we left. We were there for over an hour.
Taking munchkin to the park made me think. I haven't ever taken just her to the park before. That is usually an activity for all the kids, and my attention is divided. When I only had one child, I was scheduling all sorts of play dates and activities, but now that Munchkin is the same age, I am too busy with the other kids to do much of that for the baby. I need to remember to make time for fun with each child as they go through all the stages of growth and development. Each of my kids is different in their own way and it is hard to make time for each kid, but after having lots of fun at the park today it reminded me to take the time and have some fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment