Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The saga continues

Well, we got the machine delivered... It worked great, I did two loads. Then I noticed the floor of the laundry room was wet.

The first call was to East Coast Appliance. I left a really unhappy voicemail for the customer care representative. She didn't call back. (I found out later she was out sick)

I called the manager, after SEVERAL more phone calls and being told a repairman would be there between 3:30 and 4, a repairman finally showed up around 6:30. He found the leak and repaired it, so now finally I have a working machine.

The company called me today to ask ifI was happy with my purchase... My answer was a definite NO.... They called back to offer me a free major parts warranty for 10 years. (ONLY on the cost of the motor, not the cost of labor to repair it or ANY other repair) Since we are military and don't plan to be here for 10 years, this is worthless to us. I asked them to write me a check to pay for my laundromat expenses and some of my time. I havent' gotten a call back.... I will have to call them back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Good for you - stay on it. (No one counts on the tenacity of the Dutch.)