I was cleaning up around the house and found these....
The offering envelopes that you get from church but then never remember to use. Then even if you do use them, most people don't use every one, maybe only one a month, so there are a lot left over.
I decided I needed to find a way up Up-cycle them into something useful or pretty. However they are not quality envelopes, one side is perforated and they don't have a large flap on top, so all of the projects I could find on Pinterest weren't very feasible. So I was at a loss, until I opened them up. And found the security print on the inside. A very nice thin gray stripe. So this is what I did.
First, made a thick base with a few layers of cardboard and some duct tape.
Then use some mod podge and cover that with the envelopes. (see the pretty gray stripe)
Then take some stencils and paint. And add some words. A cookie cutter was my tracing shape for the heart.
I think it turned out great and I gave the first one to a friend who works at church. She made fun of me for reusing these instead of just throwing them in the recycle bin. I had to show her that it turned out pretty cool.
Then I made a second one for home and this one I sanded and then tinted the finished project for a different look. I think the tint is too dark, but it is OK for a decoration that will go in the recycling bin after Valentines day.
Now you know why my house is never clean.. Because this all started when I was picking up the house and it turned into a project. It also shows why my sewing/craft table looks like this:
I love that I have 4 pairs of scissor, and lots of other stuff in the picture. Plus my piles of fabric under the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment