Friday, October 28, 2011

Sewing fail

Some days I need a reality check and to be reminded, I'm not perfect and never will be. 
I was asked by church if I could work on a sewing project.  I said, sure, I can do that.  So I get the information.  They need fabric menstrual pads for the orphanage in Kenya.  Not a problem.  I get all the materials and make a sample.  It turns out great, and is pretty simple.


  So I cut out fabric for 12 more, I pin 12 more together, I sew 12 more together, I clip corners and cut curves for 12 more, Then I turn the 1st one right side out...... Oops, I was supposed to sew them right sides together.  I had sewn all 12 with right sides down.  So instead of the pretty pink in the above picture, the top looks like this.  Of course I didn't have any more fabric and I couldn't rip them all apart since I had clipped all the corners.  So I finished them like this.
They are still usable, but I felt really bad that I was giving away something that was not my best work.  I have since made some more... so I am also sending some that turned out much better.

Everyone needs a little humility.

No comments: