This was supposed to be posted last week, but for some reason it didn't.... Here it is.


This year we took a vacation with just our immediate family. It was wonderful to get away with just our little family without any other commitments. We were planning on going camping, but then I cut my finger and we didn't think that was a good idea. So my wonderful understanding husband switched our camping reservation to a cabin reservation. It turned out fantastic. We had a 2 bedroom cabin with a full kitchen and living room with a fireplace. The kids room had 2 sets of bunk beds and they loved it.

Plus it had a deck, gas grill and a covered porch with rocking chairs. We ate breakfast every morning on the porch. My favorite part... The cabin was air conditioned. It was luxurious. It was in the middle of the forest along the river. I drove on a lot of dirt roads and little one lane bridges.


We also spent some time playing and swimming in the river. We rented a canoe and a kayak and floated down 2 miles of the river. (we had our own life jackets) The river had a great rock for jumping into the water and the kids loved playing in the water and being able to paddle around to check out the deer and the train running along one side of the river. I don't think I would camp there because the primitive sited don't have running water and the developed sites are set up for RV's and have gravel, not so nice for tents. That and the train runs all night and all day. It would be a little loud, thankfully we had the AC on in the cabin and didn't hear it at night.
OK, I can't get the pictures in this post to line up right and do what I want, so you can just look at them how they are... I am ready to throw the computer about because it is so frustrating.
1 comment:
Blogger picture placement is a pain in the you-know-what; it's not you, it's blogger.
On the other hand you get full credit for photos of a fun vacation! Looks like a wonderful time!
Post a Comment