My sewing machine has had a few problems lately. It stopped working and I took it to the wrong shop to get fixed. He kept it for 8 weeks and told me 4 times he was waiting for parts. When I finally complained and yelled enough he told me it was permanently broken and couldn't fix it. Of course I took it to another shop. He called me THE NEXT MORNING to tell me that it would take one $250 part to fully fix it (if he could find a new part on ebay) but he had fixed it enough to do a straight stitch. He said it was filthy and the other guy probably never even opened the case. Since the machine is old, and he couldn't guarantee that he could find the part. It makes a huge difference who does repairs and now I know that the Tidewater Sew & Vac on Tidewater drive is Horrible and I won't even buy vaccuum bags from him., but the Tidewater Sew & Vac at Kemps River off of Indian River Road is FANTASTIC. I took my machine home and am loving beang able to do some projects again. (by the way, I do have another machine on its way here. thanks Mom!!)
This is a toy blanket that has tags and velcro that I made for my sister-in-law and our new niece. See here for the link to directions.I love it and will probably make more for other gifts. It is cuddly on one side and has lots of toys attached to the others.
My kids loved it, so I am hoping my new niece likes it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment