Tuesday, January 12, 2010

32 Pillowcases?

Sometimes the mess around here gets a little overwhelming, especially when I have kids help me put away laundry. They tend to stuff and shove instead of placing neatly. This week the linen closet had finally reached maximum capacity. It was a disaster. I dumped all the stuff out on the hall floor.Then I sorted, folded, put in the donate pile and put some of it back. I had tons of stuf that I had never used. I now have less stuff and I can find what I need. However, I still have 32 pillowcases (not including the ones on the beds currently) I need to do something with all of those. As a side note, I also found 3 tubes of toothpaste, 5 toothbrushes, 6 bottles of shampoo and several free samples. Now maybe I will start using those, instead of buying new. You can save money by being organized.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

32 pillowcases? where in the world do you get 32 pillowcases? I guess I am assuming they don't have matching sheets. Still, I don't remember you sewing a trousseau when we lived together :)
Corrie

Anonymous said...

send me the red striped ones that match the double sheets you gave me... why did you keep the pillowcases? reg...

Anonymous said...

You can cut them up and then re-sew them into reusable produce bags at the grocery store. This is what we did - I was so tired of using the bags. I get a ton of compliments and we even gave some to friends as gifts last year :) Brooke