Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas

The Christmas season is here and I love taking the time to spend time with the kids and sharing experiences with them. We started by cutting our Christmas tree and setting it up. It is a little bigger than we planned, but after moving some furniture we were able to put it in the house. It is kind of Charlie Brown looking but everyone who has walked into the house has said it looks beautiful. I'll take it.
I am going to attempt something new this year and post something about some of my favorite Christmas decorations every day of December, kind of like my own Advent Calendar. So my first post for the 1st of December is about the tree itself.

Daddy loves live Christmas trees and has convinced the kids that they love to go hiking through a cold field to cut one down. They loved going this year again, it was slightly damp and really muddy. We got a great ten foot, slightly prickly, leaning blue spruce.

No comments: