
Some of my ornaments are ones that I got from my parents that they didn't really like. Just like I have ornaments that I don't like but my kids love. My mom made these really early in their marriage, they were probably made because at the time there wasn't a lot of money to buy ornaments. I don't remember them not being on the tree at home. I do remember being older and my mom trying to hide them so they wouldn't go on the tree. I have a few of these and I think they will always be on my tree.
1 comment:
Hilarious! So my mom had ornaments when we were kids that looked an awful lot like this... she made them because early in their marriage there was little money and shortly after, kiddos, so they served double purpose of being kid-friendly. She got rid of them a few years ago, and is now regretting since she has a grandson who is completely enamored with the tree. :)
Post a Comment