At the end of July I took an Indian cooking class that a friend hosted. It was a fun night with lots of discussion and some great food. Since then I have made yogurt and realized it is relatively easy and is much cheaper and I can customize with fruit and honey to my taste.
This week I also made a complete Indian meal for my family. I made Dal (bean stew), Basmati rice, Mango Lassi, and Naan (bread from scratch) It took more time than my typical meals, but it was fun to make something new in the kitchen. After my husbands first reaction of "Where's the meat?" He loved it. Having fresh Naan made it really good too. Leftovers even disapeared quickly. Now I need to take another cooking class to try something new. Does anyone know anyone who will teach me Thai cooking?
4 comments:
I am sure I would get the "where's the meat" comment too, and I would love to try a mango lassi, they sound so good!
Can I invite myself over for dinner when you make Thai??? Sounds wonderful.
Corrie
I asked that after the meal - which was wonderful - and I ate a good part of the leftovers.
In American cooking, though, you'd expect some pork or chicken peices in the Dal.
Good for you! I haven't tried cooking the meal again. I'd like to get some instructions for making yogurt.
Post a Comment