Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It all happens at once.

We have been home 3 days after our Christmas travels and our days have been hectic. Munchkin had a cold and was not feeling well for our entire trip. Somehow I managed to get a Sunday doctor appointment and she was given meds for an ear infection. We gave her the first dose and didn't think much about it, then she woke up covered in vomit 5 hours later. Then she slept the rest of the night, so we don't make a big deal of it.

Monday morning starts with an explosive diaper in her high chair at Breakfast. So Monday was a day of bad diapers and vomit. I then gave her a 2nd dose of antibiotics, but no major reaction, so I figured she just caught a stomach bug. She was OK most of the day on Tuesday, until Daddy came home from work and I made a run to Walmart. She vomited EVERYWHERE on him while I was gone. (He is wonderful and had it all cleaned up by the time I got home.) But then vomited again after we tried to give her some fluids. (while the rest of the family was eating dinner of course.)

We have made the connection and called the doctors office and we skipped her dose of medication tonight.

Oh yeah and we installed our brand new washing machine on Monday night, to discover that IT DOESNT WORK, not a good thing with sick kids in the house. I threw a fit with the people at the appliance store and they are sending someone out tomorrow afternoon.

Of course, just as I am about to post this entry, Princess walks down the stairs with vomit all over her. She threw up in bed, but said she didn't feel sick, she just "coughed too hard" I don't understand that, so maybe it is a bug going around the house. But I successfully changed a top bunk while Buddy was in the bottom bunk sound asleep. Now I just wish I could wash all this disgusting stuff.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

So sorry! I hope you don't get it, too.

Beth said...

oh girl how rotten. I wish I lived closer I would come and get your wash. I hope all get better soon.

Rachael said...

Too late, I got it too, but at least Daddy stayed healthy... And we did 14 loads of laundry at the laundramat today.