I think this is the favorite quilt I have made so far. Even if it is not a typical quilt, but a table runner. It has 6 paper pieced pineapples and a big expanse of red in the middle. I actually quilted a pattern in that big expanse.
It fits great on my new dining room table too. Though I am not looking forward to the inevitable food spills.My favorite part of this is the quilting. I finally hand quilted something that has an actual pattern to it. My stitches are not even, but I did something other than straight lines. It challenged me. Ignore the pulling around the binding, I have no idea how that happened, but I am not ripping it out to fix it. There is no such thing as a perfect quilt.
I like it on the counter best, the light colored counter is a good contrast.
This is the detail of the pineapples and each one of those has 28 pieces, so it was a little bit of a challenge to put together. The result is good though.
2 comments:
you can also quilt the inside of the pineapples to mimic the skin/bark/ -- just an idea. it looks better than anything I can do
Doof.
I was debating on that, but got too lazy, maybe now I will add it. It would add an extra dimension.
Post a Comment