Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quilt #7 - Log Cabin


   We had a birthday party for a friend turning 5 years old.  I thought I would make her a doll sleeping bag and pillow, I didn't want to drag 4 kids to the store on a nice day, so I would use stuff in my stash.  I was going to do a simple pieced front.  I looked through the pattern books and I decided to do a log cabin. It would look funny with just the front pieced, so I did the whole thing.... Well after many changes, she got a doll sized quilt and a not quite square turned into a pillow.  I actually like how it turned out, even if it wasn't what I had originally planned.  I used all stuff in my stash and never went to the store.  It is about 30 inches square, and my piecing is getting MUCH better.

This is the pillow.
The back and binding uses more of the sparkly purple
It will still work for a sleeping bag, it just doesn't zip up.  This is why I didn't make it as such.  It doesn't look very good.
The picture of the machine quilting on the back, pretty simple.  It is some very thick fluffy batting, but it was what I had in the house and it just makes it nice and thick.

No comments: