I went to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt show and was inspired. I bought 2 quilt kits, and then fell in love with a paper pieced pattern. I finished one of the kit tops (post coming later) and then started on the paper piecing. I think I like it. It is exacting, and kind of tedious, but the end result is pretty cool.
To really challenge myself I also hand quilted it. I am now in awe of my mother for doing this and for having perfect exact stitches. This is a lot of work for my tiny little quilt. I can't even imagine doing this for a queen size. It is a real labor of love. So here is the back. My stitches are not toenail hookers, but they are not even close to even in size and it really made my fingers hurt. I could only quilt for about 20 minutes at a time before I needed a break.
There are tons of mistakes, but I am not going to point them out. I will let my sister do that for me.. :)
I am happy with it, and I still haven't finally decided what to do with it yet.
1 comment:
your sister thinks this looks great! can't see your stitches from the front. Plus I love the colors and the subject - keep this and hang! (and put your name and date on the back) Love, Doof...
Post a Comment